Our goal is to provide outstanding diagnosis, treatment, and support to children, adolescents and families experiencing a wide range of mental health concerns and psychiatric disorders.
Patients and families benefit from the unique partnership between the Columbia University Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and New York State Psychiatric Institute. Our collaboration brings together the best of innovative clinical research, scientific advances, and clinical care.
Treatment & Evaluations
We provide a variety of clinical mental health services, including:
- Individualized treatment with clinicians and faculty;
- Research and specialized treatment clinics that assess and address a variety of psychiatric conditions;
- Outpatient care at New York-Presbyterian Hospital;
- Community and school-based mental health programs and clinics;
- Neuropsychological evaluations.
To find treatment or evaluation services for your child with an individual practitioner, please call 212-305-6001 or visit ColumbiaDoctors. Fee-for-service payment, as well as a limited number of insurance plans, is accepted.
For information about our community-based clinics and services, accepting a variety of health insurance plans including most Medicaid and Medicare plans, please call 212-305-0924.
To find out about child and adolescent psychiatry research programs and clinical trials, please visit Child and Adolescent Disorders or call 212-305-6001.
*Please note that many of our clinics and services require an intake interview to assess your child’s psychiatric needs; and you may need to be placed on a waiting list.
We diagnose, treat, and/or refer for an extensive range of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Adjustment disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety, panic disorder, PTSD, school refusal, separation anxiety, and social anxiety
- Autism spectrum disorder and developmental delays
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Early onset psychotic disorders
- Eating disorders
- Learning disorders co-occurring with mental health concerns
- Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Suicidal behavior
- Tic disorders, including Tourette's syndrome, and trichotillomania
Specialty Clinics and Services
- Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD)
CUCARD offers individual, group, and family-based cognitive behavioral therapies and pharmacotherapy for children, adolescents, and young adults suffering from anxiety, mood, or behavioral concerns.
LOCATION: 3 Columbus Circle, New York, NY
- Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD)—Westchester
CUCARD-Westchester specializes in accelerated outpatient care for children, adolescents, and young adults whose lives are severely impaired by by obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety, tic disorders and trichotillomania.
LOCATION: 155 White Plains Road (West Building), Suite 200, Tarrytown, NY
- Neuropsychological Evaluation Service
Neuropsychologists from the PROMISE program at Columbia University Medical Center specialize in evaluating children and adolescents of all ages who are struggling at home or at school.
LOCATIONS: 3 Columbus Circle (between 57th and 58th Street) and 160 Fort Washington Avenue (near 165th Street)
Why Choose Us?
Neuropsychiatric disorders are the leading cause of illness in young people everywhere. More than three quarters of adults with a psychiatric disorder experienced first symptoms before the age of 25. Early diagnosis and treatment can remediate symptoms, lead to improved functionality, and inform patients and families of ongoing self-care to maintain the benefits of their treatment.
The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute is leading the most innovative clinical research to improve treatments for childhood psychiatric disorders, and tailoring therapies to help each individual patient. What sets Columbia apart from other institutions is the excellence of our research faculty combined with outstanding clinical care. We look forward to serving you.